When choosing photos for the website or your event on Facebook, here are a few simple guidelines to follow:
- Photos should be simple and graphic - DO NOT include text.
- Photos should feel imbued with emotion, have a sense of universally, and embody wonder, hope, memorialization, connectedness, and other ideologies associated with the overall festival
- To connote loss, mourning, and honoring those who have passed, we recommend seeking photos of ceremonies, rituals, and beautiful representations of memorialization
- Try to avoid overdone representations of death (skeletons, coffins, etc.)
- People can be included in the imagery, but should not be the main focus (like a single headshot).
Examples of well-executed use of photography:
One Last Thing
Death Meditation: If Today was Your Last Day